17 February 2011

Cheers To Five

Well, I have been back on the full workout for three days, and I have been using the Food Diary on my phone and consuming the number of calories recommended by that program and after three days of both I have lost... drum roll... 5 pounds.

I weigh in each morning right when I wake up so that the weights I am recording are the most consistent I can get and I was shocked to see how much I had lost.  I know, your thinking "it's just 5 pounds,"  but to me that is awesome.  I am practicing a new thing where I celebrate the small conquests and don't get down on myself for not getting to my goal in a month.

I am going to switch to weighing in only once a week, I'm thinking Fridays would be the best day, and I am going to keep up the work out and continue to keep my food intake down.  I was struggling with always feeling hungry for the first few days of calorie cutting, so now I drink a bottle of water before every meal, then eat, then finish with another bottle of water.  That way, I can feel full without consuming excess calories.  Plus, I am upping my daily intake water which is also good for me.

As for the type of food I'm eating, I am working on eating more fish and less red meat and having my cooking blog is really helping me to be careful what I am putting in my mouth.  If I am recording it for the world, then I will not settle down for a dinner of Graham Crackers and Milk.  And the food is super tasty.

I'm heading to workout right now and I am doing a little dance of excitement and achievement. Tonight I'm going to Don's, and I finished my new resume and turned it into the jobs that I am really hoping call me.  Overall, today is looking good.