21 March 2011

GAH!!

I Hate The University of Platteville Wisconsin's Staff.

I am not talking about the professor's or even most of the support staff.  I am talking about the people who work in the offices that are supposed to be keeping track of my records.  They must really hire from the bottom of the barrel in those places.


Today I emailed the college to find out what date I would be receiving my diploma when I graduate in the spring.  I received an email back stating that I was not enrolled and asking how I intended to fulfill my ethnic and gender credits that I needed to graduate.  The email I got from them:
Hi Carly
Diplomas will be ordered after all degrees are posted.  Our office will receive them sometime in August 2011.
I see you not currently enrolled at UW-Platteville, will you be transferring credits back in for your degree?
I sent back an email telling them that I had already transferred those credits from Milwaukee and had received confirmation from their office that the transfer was successful.  I got back the following email:
 Hi Carly,

We have received your intent to graduate for May 2011.  It appears you were last enrolled here in Spring 2010.  When you left campus, you still needed an ethnic and gender course for your general education requirements and English 3950 Writing for Performance for the Creative Writing minor.  You are not required to complete the minor, but how do you plan to complete the ethnic and gender class?

Thanks
Again I replied to them stating that I had already requested that the ethnic and gender courses I took at UW-Milwaukee be counted for my ethnic and gender credits that were still missing and I had the letters from them stating the approval of those credits transfers and asked what else they needed me to send to them.  At this point they told me they had never gotten my transcripts from those courses even though I had sent them to then right after completing the course:
We haven't received a transcript with these courses on them yet.  Are you currently taking them or are you done?  Once you complete them, make sure to have an official transcript sent directly to our office.
I then told them that I was sending another transcript overnight to them from Milwaukee.  Now they want to know when I first sent to transcripts to them... like it matters.  I have requested the transcripts be overnight-ed to both them and to me so when I drive the three hours there on Wednesday, there is absolutely no way they can claim they have not received them.


And then to round out the day, I decided to order all the transcripts I needed for Korea from Milwaukee and to check how much it will cost at Platteville.  Milwaukee allows me to order the transcripts online and have them the next day.  This is what platteville has to say about transcripts:
To obtain your official University of Wisconsin Platteville transcript, you must submit a signed, written request to:
Registrar's Office
UW-Platteville
101 Brigham Hall
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818-3099
Online and phone requests are not excepted. Requests should be placed well in advance of date needed to insure adequate time for processing.
This is why.... I Hate The University of Platteville Wisconsin.