25 April 2011

Ahh, That Fresh Weekend Air!

Getting out of town this weekend was really nice.  I got away from work and my family and messes and get to live like I am used to living.  I didn't realize how used to living on my own I was until I moved back in with my family.  I always have to listen to my family tell me what to do and when.  It is awful.  I would get a whole lot more done if I didn't have my mother hounding me about stuff every five minutes.

Enough of complaints though.  This weekend was tons-O-fun with Jess and Ian.  I got to platteville around six on Friday and Jess and I went to get food for the weekend.  Wal-mart is always a good time, and we found everything we needed, got home and passed out.  She and Ian were meeting her mom and sister in Madison the next day to find shoes and jewelry for her other sisters wedding this summer.

After the shopping, unsuccessful shopping, we went to a restaurant in Madison, whose name has slipped my mind, and the start to the unhealthy, good time weekend began.  They had an all you could eat brunch, and I could only eat one very, very good plate of food.  When we got back to Platteville we took naps then started the pot roast dinner.





After about six or seven hours we decided the roast was done and ate and promptly passed out again.





I think the passing out early may have had to do with tht egreat bottle of wine and good beer we had while we waited for dinner to cook.  That, and the mint chocolate fudge brownies we made and snacked on. 




We finished up the weekend with homemade muffins for breakfast and a trek through the woods behind Jess's house where we discovered many interesting plants and molds and a river.



I stopped at Michael Ward's to drop of some brownies and a hat that my mom made him and ended up hanging out talking with him for a couple hours.  Three hours and an long drive later I was home and passed out in bed.

What an amazing weekend!

Oh, and I officially have all my paperwork, except the stuff I need from the idiots at Platteville, and I am emailing James today to update him.  Bed at 6 so I can be up by 2:30 am in order to squeeze in a run before work at four.