26 April 2011

Oh, 4 AM

Waking up at two-thirty in the morning is too early.  I can't get my workout in before work unless I get up at about one-thirty so I was only able to pull off a shower and a really quick cup of coffee before heading out into the dark, pouring rain.  After dodging several frogs on the roadway, I made it to work and then yawned through my shift until I got home and went back to sleep until now.  Good morning.

And I thought I finally got everything from Platteville figured out, until I got an email from a completely different lady telling me she had never heard of the "certificate of Obtainment" and that they could send me something else instead.  I emailed her the requirements of the certificate and we will see what her response is.  My new method of emailing Platteville is going to be two emails a day of the same email until I hear back.  It is the only way to hear back in sooner than a week.

I am going to spend today working on the final two lessons of my TEFL course and I am going to get the rest of the paperwork in order to send it to the apostille office at the end of May.  Once I get that back, I am pretty sure the fun stuff, such as actually applying, begins.  As long as I get the right letter from Platteville, I should start knowing more very quickly starting in the beginning of June.

I am getting to be super nervous already about all the stuff I need to have when I am there and all of the stuff I am going to have to buy before I go. So far my list of stuff to buy isn't too long but it is expensive:
  1.  Kindle
  2. New Camera
  3. Web Cam for Skype
  4. Umbrella
  5. New Suitcase if my old ones don't hold all my luggage
  6. New Cellphone Plan
Every time I think I have the list down, I think of more stuff I am going to need.  I have started carrying a little notebook to write down stuff when I think of it.

I am also getting sad about leaving my friends, family, and pets for a year.  Maybe I will be able to get a gerbil or a ferret while I am over there, but most likely not.